FriCAS w. ABCL
Kurt Pagani
2017-12-04 19:33:02 UTC
I (almost) successfully compiled the fricas computer algebra system using
ABCL (https://github.com/nilqed/fricas0).
"Almost" because four of the over 1300 algebra files are refractory. I
The value :INT is not of type (COMMON-LISP:MEMBER COMMON-LISP:NIL
:BOOLEAN).

and
The assertion (COMMON-LISP:<= -32768 JVM::OFFSET 32767) failed.

While the first one might be related to

http://abcl.org/trac/ticket/316 (http://abcl.org/trac/changeset/15034)
http://armedbear-devel.common-lisp.narkive.com/rm9OArfe/the-value-long-is-not-of-type-member-nil-boolean

I have no idea what the second one could mean. Google, however, shows
similar ones @:
https://common-lisp.net/project/cl-test-grid/ql/qlalpha-2014-08-23-abcl-load-failures.html
(fishpack, lapack ...).

Well, I'm stuck, so any ideas would be very welcome.
Many thanks
Kurt
Alan Ruttenberg
2017-12-04 22:28:29 UTC
Haven't looked at the code, but off the top of my head the ones mentioning
offset problems might be from too-large classes. Does the system compile
very large functions?

The last trace looks like it might be related to character encoding
mismatch - perhaps invalid utf-8?

Alan
Kurt
Kurt Pagani
2017-12-05 19:02:31 UTC
Post by Alan Ruttenberg
Haven't looked at the code, but off the top of my head the ones mentioning
offset problems might be from too-large classes. Does the system compile very
large functions?
Probably yes. The lisp code is generated by the SPAD compiler, so the function
bodies may become quite large. I'm going to isolate the functions which trigger
the error.
Post by Alan Ruttenberg
The last trace looks like it might be related to character encoding mismatch -
perhaps invalid utf-8?
That's a good hint. Indeed, I haven't checked the encoding w.r.t abcl yet
(SBCL/ECL are supported for a long time, so I guess encoding is specially
handled somewhere in the support files).

BTW I'm not expecting that someone will look at the code, I just wanted to know
whether the causes of these messages are commonly known - except to me ;-)

Thank you!
Kurt
Post by Alan Ruttenberg
Alan
I (almost) successfully compiled the fricas computer algebra system using
ABCL (https://github.com/nilqed/fricas0 <https://github.com/nilqed/fricas0>).
http://abcl.org/trac/ticket/316 <http://abcl.org/trac/ticket/316>
(http://abcl.org/trac/changeset/15034 <http://abcl.org/trac/changeset/15034>)